September 16, 2010

I AM BANE!

Of all the villains to appear on the Batman Animated Series, Bane was one of the biggest surprises. First appearing in Batman: Vengeance of Bane #1 (January 1993,) Bane's first ever animated appearance occurred not long after in the episode titled simply "Bane," which aired in September of 1994.

As if the animated appearance wasn't surprise enough, Bane even made Kenner's action figure roster!

Bane comes complete with his signature Venom tube, which is attached to the back of his head and runs to his wrist gauge. The wrist gauge can be removed, but the tube doesn't come out of the back of his head.

Bane has an action feature - his arms lock upright and with the flick of a switch he can "throw" objects, like the plastic girder he came with (not shown,) or Batman himself.

Oh SNAP!

3 comments:

chunky B said...

That really is a nice figure. I do not think I have an open version of this one... Now that I think about it, did I pick up a carded version???

Bubbashelby said...

Ironically, this is one I have both carded and opened - still!

I was so excited that they made Bane in action figure form I bought two. And although I did that on occasion back then, most if not all of my doubles have long since been thinned from the herd. Except this one.

Kim Dubuisson said...

My son and I recently found this awesome Bane figure at the flea market! We love it!!!